Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Summer is Here

Well, if I didn't know by the 100+ degree weather, last night helped confirm summer is here. All the kids were still up at 10:30. Dean and Derek hadn't had supper since they were in the field till about 10. I think April was overly tired by this time. It took rocking her till she was sound asleep to get her down in her crib.


We need some structure around here. I don't know if that is even possible with summer on the farm. I don't know from one day to the next what Dean will be doing. (I wonder if he knows when he wakes up!) I still need to try to get some order to inside life...maybe I should wait till after wheat harvest which is fast approaching with the hot, windy weather. Then it will be wait till after double crop planting, then...


I wish my mood wasn't so dependent on the cleanliness of my house. I like to have order to it, too, because I thought that was something I could control. Instead it seems to control me and my mood. Sometimes everywhere I look it's a mess, though, and I can't handle that. If I can clean one area I feel better. Structure...I try to get better organized with my cleaning even. I have a schedule of different things to do every day and even once a month. I don't always get to it even though I've been trying for the past month to stick to it. I have to remember if I don't get it done that day or week, it will still be there! It's not like we have people coming to our house that I need to have it clean, it's just for me and my sanity!!

1 comment:

  1. I think you're doing a fine job keeping up. It's possible your expectations are greater than is possible to complete. Keep it simple with a list of basics that work for you. I've always been blessed when I have a quiet time with God's Word. Even 15 min. with Our Daily Bread can be sufficient. Praying for God's love to carry you through each day.

    ReplyDelete