Sunday, June 5, 2011

I'm Back...Hopefully

It's has been a LONG time since I have written here. I should be going to bed now...but wanted to type something. I try to keep up with a diary, but have gotten behind on that, too. I type at night after the kids are in bed. Well, we are on summer hours which means the older three don't get to bed till after 9:00 usually. That doesn't give me much "mommy" time, especially with Abigail being fussy yet.

I want to try to blog about wheat harvest this year which is right around the corner with the hot Kansas wind ripening the wheat pretty fast lately. Today, as we do some Sundays, we went on a crop tour, looking at some fields determining what needs to be done as far as spraying and seeing how the wheat looks. I told my husband he should make a list of the fields where we have wheat to harvest so I would know. He agreed it would be good to make a list so he wouldn't forget a field!  lol

Well, hello again everyone...all 4 followers I have. I hope I can keep up with documenting the 2011 Kansas Wheat Harvest this month. I hope it gives some insight into what life is like "down on the farm."

Amy S.

2 comments:

  1. Jennifer HenriksenJune 6, 2011 at 12:18 AM

    Good for you Amy! I need to do something like this! Little things like this help spread the word about what farm life is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always want to blog, but just don't do it. Way to do it when you have a chance! Wheat harvest is always busy and fun. Hope it is a good one for you guys this year!

    ReplyDelete